Thursday, April 19, 2007

and i'm on the bandwagon

So here I am, finally with my own blog. I had tossed up the idea for a while but came to no firm conclusion until recently finding an abundance of great blogs done by friends and strangers alike.

So what shall it contain? Hopefully a bit of everything, although primarily I hope I can engage others in, and encourage them with my search to find my role in serving God in this world. Other tasty tidbits may include musing on faith, music, books, mission and/or aid work and whatever else has caught my attention at the time. Also from time to time I'd love to show you some of the other blogs that prompted me to start my own and anything else that I come across...

Finally for now if I can share that thing that made me sit down and start this right now. I just finished reading Psalm 102 and this passage blew me away. I always find that when I try and contemplate the vastness of God's love and the intricate plan he has and the fact that he knew and called me before the beginning of time... it just seems bigger and bigger...

18 Let this be written for a future generation,
that a people not yet created may praise the LORD :

19 "The LORD looked down from his sanctuary on high,
from heaven he viewed the earth,

20 to hear the groans of the prisoners
and release those condemned to death."

21 So the name of the LORD will be declared in Zion
and his praise in Jerusalem

22 when the peoples and the kingdoms
assemble to worship the LORD.

When I read something like that, written for a future people, written for us, when I read that the Lord looked down and released those condemned to death. I feel like there is nothing more worthy in my life but that I serve the Lord and proclaim his name to the world.

So... welcome.
I would to hear what you think, what thoughts passages like these brings up in your soul.




2 comments:

Laura T said...

Ohh.. I hadn't read that psalm before.. it gave me goose pimples. I use to think God began saving people with Jesus but when my eyes were opened to the OT and I realised that God had been working from before time and all through history to gather his people to himself and that he chose me.. it blew my mind.

Philip Britton said...

DJ, welcome to blog land. Thanks for the link.

Zion, Jerusalem and peoples of the earth... I might have something to say about all that...